photo TheWoodruffFamily-home.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-miller.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-About.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-videos.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-website.png

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Key West

Sorry I have been MIA, but Patrick and I went to Key West last week on our first "adult" vacation since Cole has been born! I have never spent a night away from him, much less 5 NIGHTS!!! Despite missing him like crazy, we had a great time! He stayed with my parents, so he got to visit Hope, and then they went to Hot Springs for the weekend. My mom had lots of fun showing him off. They went to Lindsey's house and took pictures with the cows, but I don't have them yet, so I will post those later. Once again, my pictures have posted all out of order...Sorry:(!

Here are some pics of the place we stayed...


Our room...


Our bathroom...


The poolside bar area...


Nightime view...



Patrick and me at Jack Flats watching the Razorback game...


Kyle and Cece harrassing a Texas fan


These next few pics need a little explanation. I decided that every time Arkansas scored, we should take a round of shots (let's be honest, I love the Hogs, but I was pretty confident there wouldn't be too many rounds)! So, AR scored and we took a round of Patron! All was good and I figured that would be it. Well, we met some friends while we were there, and they were watching the Michigan game. Michigan wasn't doing so hot either, so Dave decided he would buy a round everytime Michigan scored! Let's just say, Michigan ended up doing a little too good! I think Dave and his pocket book would probably agree too:)!!! Thanks Dave!

Happy:)!


No, these aren't my glasses! I stole them from a Texas fan! Why? I don't know! It sounded like a good idea at the time! Ha, ha!



We took a sunset cruise. It was awesome! We were a little hesitant, because it had rained off and on all day, so we almost backed out, but we decided even if there wasn't a sunset, we would still have fun on the boat. They had a live band, beer, margaritas, wine, and food. You can't really go wrong there:)! So, it rained on us on our walk to the boat, but once we set sail, it was beautiful! I think the clouds actually made the sunset even prettier!




Cece and me with our new friend, Christina:)...


Patrick and Kyle with our new friend, Dave:)...


In the hot tub with my hairy beau! Ha, ha:)...


At 1/2 price happy hour:)!


Getting rained on, waiting to board our sunset cruise...


This is a picture of the place we stayed, taken from the sunset cruise...



Dinner the first night...


Waiting on lunch at the poolside bar...


We took an island tour on waverunners. It was a blast! There were about 10 waverunners on the tour. We had a guide that we followed around and he would stop every once in a while to point out certain things about the island. We went completely around the island. It took almost 2 hours! The boys started out driving, but after our pit stop at the sandbar, the girls took over! I was a great driver, but Cece threw Kyle off:)! Good thing the sharks didn't get him! Scary!



How funny is this??? Holy Hair!!! Kyle and Patrick are both very proud of their "winter coats"! Too funny:)...


Our first night! So happy to be there...



This is Odie. He lives on the property, and is quite the flirt:)...


Taking a picture by the turtles. They were in a little pond right outside the lobby. You can't really see them in this picture, but there were tons of them, and they were huge!


Who knew there were wild roosters in Key West???



Anyway, we had a great time! It was good to get away for a little rest and relaxation! By the time Sunday rolled around we were definitely ready to get home and love on our little man!!! Thanks to Bud and Peg for taking such good care of him!

10 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like FUN---wish I was there! I heard Peg was having more fun with Cole!!! I think he got to hang out with Henry and Ellie some while in Hope!

Amber said...

so much fun!!!! i feel like you and patsy coordinated outfits the whole trip! :)

Shawna said...

It looks like you both had so much fun! So happy about that! Glad you got a bit of a vaca Memes.

The Evins said...

So Jealous!!!! Looks like you guys had a blast.

Anonymous said...

Mer-
I am thinking you need to buy some fake glasses, too cute!
p.s. love the winter coats!

Christina said...

Merideth-You got some great photos of the trip! I'm so glad we met you all! Dave and I had so much fun with you guys and were just saying it's not often we meet such good people on our travels-hope we all keep in touch! Thanks for all the fun! I was looking at all of your pics on Cole's page-he is such a handsome little guy! Take care! Miss you guys! Christina

Lauren Smart said...

Oh my! Pics are beautiful! It looks like ya'll had a blast. I bet it was nice to get away on an adult vacation but I bet you missed Cole like crazy!!!

The Ramsey's said...

OMG...I am so jealous! Thinking about being away from my Cole for 5 nights makes me anxious...haha! But I bet once I got there I would totally fine. A nice break and quality adult time sounds AWESOME! Hope yall r doing good! See ya soon!!

CAMoore said...

Now I am ready for a vacation ( and some sleep)! Looks like a great trip!
Amanda

Julie said...

Wow- meredith- you took some amazing pictures! I want to go!! I didn't know Kyle & his little lady were going too. How fun!! I'm super proud of you for the patron shot idea. That's my girl!

 

design + development by kelly christine studio