photo TheWoodruffFamily-home.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-miller.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-About.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-videos.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-website.png

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Eve

Since Patrick and I have been married, we rotate Thanksgiving and Christmas between our two families. This year was Thanksgiving with my family and Christmas with his. On Christmas Eve we went to church at St. Vincent De Paul with Jim, Rhonda, Kyle and Cece. It was so neat. That church is beautiful and to see it lit in candlelight with the sweet voices of the children's choir singing puts goose bumps on me just thinking about it! Such good memories!

After church they always go to Fred's Hickory Inn for a yummy steak dinner! They seriously have the best steaks in town and it is such a warm and cozy atmosphere. It's in a really old house with lots of wood burning fireplaces. I love a wood burning fireplace!

Cole, Nana, and Pawpaw.....


Juice break.....

Feeding daddy.....


Eating peppermint (Patrick would chomp up a candy cane and spit it out for him! Somewhat like a momma bird does for her babies! Ha, ha!!!).....



Getting some lovin from Pawpaw after dinner (oh yea, and don't forget Frog!).....


Of course, a quick basketball game before bed;).....






What he does best....taking the "balls" off of the Christmas tree!......


SANTA CAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Santa brings Cole 3 gifts, because that is how many gifts Jesus got from the wise men (my friend Lisa does this with her girls, and I think it's another way to remember the real reason for the season).
This year Santa brought Cole a Pottery Barn chair, a soccer set, and a Radio Flyer tricycle......

5 comments:

the osbornes said...

That soccer set looks so fun! Noah gets 3 gifts too, you are so right that it is a good way to remember the reason for the season! Plus it keeps them from being too terribly spoiled (although Noah's grandparents did a good job with that!)

Joni said...

Meredith,
Cole is so cute shooting his basketball!! He really looks like he has the perfect form and everything! I love the idea of getting 3 gifts from Santa:) Hope you all have a Happy New Year! It's about time for another one...baby that is!HA!
Joni

Shawna said...

Very cute idea of the 3 gifts Memes! Glad you had a great Christmas...Cole is getting so big since I saw him this summer!

Clancy said...

I love the soccer set. Where did you find it. Maggie is really into playing. Cute pics --- glad you all had a great Christmas.

Tabitha and Kelly said...

Fun! I LOVE the 3 gift idea. So wonderful!! Merry Christmas!

 

design + development by kelly christine studio