photo TheWoodruffFamily-home.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-miller.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-About.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-videos.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-website.png

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Spring Lakes

Last Sunday after church we drove to Spring Lakes. I don't know why we don't go there more often! It's only about 45 minutes from our house. I guess the fact that it's in Missouri makes it seem so far away! Needless to say, Cole had a blast, so we will definitely be making the trip more often:)!

When we first got there the gate was locked:(! We were in my car so Patrick didn't have his keys. Cell phone reception is horrible out there, but we finally got in touch with Jim and he said he was on his way back from town and he would be there in 40 minutes. Patrick contemplated leaving, but I knew Jim would be so sad if he didn't get to see Cole, so we jumped the fence and played on the BIG dozers!!!


Look how big those things are! Crazy!!!


When he got bored with the dozers we moved onto more basic entertainment...dandelions, whirly birds, and rocks;).....




Yay!!! BaBa finally made it:)!

Going fishing:).....




Feeding the geese:).....



I'm pretty sure they were both in Heaven;).....





If I can't get Cole to smile I tell him to "show me his teeth". It used to work, however, now he points to his teeth at the same time. Not quite the look I was going for;).....




Cole was scared of the fish at first, so Baba pretended he was giving it a kiss to show Cole how much we love fish;)....

Patrick and I went out in the canoe and I caught lots of fish! I'm not a regular "fisherwoman", so I wasn't real sure what to do with it once I got it out of the water. Don't I look awkward;)??? Hahah!




Look at that big boy:).....





Walking up to the spring....

Cole wanted to touch the water.....


I think it was a little colder than he was expecting! Look at their faces;).....


Patrick got the lure hung in some brush, so he had to take the "paddy boat" out to get it untangled:).....




Heading back to the cabin after a fun day:).....

6 comments:

Meredith & Brett Hagedorn said...

Meredith,
Love looking at your blog and seeing what the Woodruff fam is up to!! Those pics of Cole & Patrick's Dad are too adorable! They are in heaven together! Take care. :)

Kate said...

so cute memes!!!!. love the pics
ps: i don't want you to touch that fish again!!!!! ick!!!!!!!

Joni said...

Looks like soooo much fun!!! I love to fish....Can't wait until Reed can go too!!! Love Cole's little cardigan;) So cute!
Joni

Jennifer Gartman Gowen said...

LOVE this post! The pics of them walking are priceless.

Tabitha and Kelly said...

aww, that just looks like SO much fun!!!
Tabitha

Bubba Jack said...

Making so many wonderful memories! Looks like you guys had a great time.

 

design + development by kelly christine studio