photo TheWoodruffFamily-home.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-miller.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-About.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-videos.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-website.png

Monday, April 4, 2011

Best BIG Brother in the World!

Cole has been absolutely PERFECT through this whole process! I worried so much about how he would adjust. From the time my baby bump was obvious, he has been VERY excited about Miller, but I worried that when he actually got here, those feelings of excitement would fade. I worried about how he would be at the hospital during labor while I was in the hospital bed with tubes coming from me, I worried about how he would do after Miller was born and he had to leave the hospital without us, I worried about him misbehaving for special attention once we got home, I worried about ME having a pity party and feeling sorry for him/myself because he wasn't my "baby" anymore, and the list could go on and on. Needless to say, I did ALOT of worrying, and SO FAR it has all been for nothing:)! Patrick and I had to be at the hospital at 6:00am, which meant leaving the house at 5:30am. As we were walking out the door, Cole woke up:(! We were pressed for time, so I didn't have time to try to get him back to sleep, so I left him wide awake with my mom and sister. Not a good start for the LONG day he had ahead of him! I told mom to bring his sleeping bag and portable DVD player so he could at least "rest" at some point during the day. I had NO IDEA he would actually take a 3 hour nap in my room with tons of people in and out. When he woke up, he made some friends in the waiting room, so between his new friends, my sister, and all 4 grandparents, he was definitely entertained:)! He was a trooper all the way until the end! My mom, dad and sister left the hospital with him at 10:30pm. He was EXHAUSTED!!! The next day he came up to the hospital with my family at about noon. They didn't plan to stay long, but he ended up falling asleep again and taking another 3 hour nap in my room, so they were there from noon until about 7:30. Since we have been home, he has been nothing but sweet to his new little brother! He is so gentle and sweet with him. I will catch him just staring at him, talking to him, and "petting him" all the time. I'm sure we will have some bad days, and I may have jinxed myself by saying all of this out loud, but I wanted to give my little man some credit:)! We love you Cole, and are unbelievably grateful that you have so graciously filled the BIG brother role! Here is a picture of him on his new rocking motorcyle that Bud brought him:).....

No comments:

 

design + development by kelly christine studio