April 21, 2011 10:30am- Our world was turned upside down yesterday. Our sweet baby Miller has been diagnosed with a muscular disease. We don't know exactly which one, but most likely a form of muscular dystrophy. We have been thrown a curve ball, but are ready to play the game! We are on the road to Children's Hospital now and hope to have more answers soon. We would appreciate your prayers during this trying time in our lives.
April 21, 2011 6:36pm- Relaxing in between tests. Waiting on MRI results. Just got blood drawn.
April 22, 2011 10:51pm- Patrick and I have been overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and support from our family and friends! We are truly blessed! We apologize for not being able to respond to every post, message, and text, but please know that we are reading every single one of them and feel God's presence through your prayers! Keep praying, keep the faith, and don't give up on our little fighter:)!
April 24, 2011 9:25pm- A friend shared this quote with me and it made me smile..."I know God won't give me anything I can't handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa
April 25, 2011 8:28am- They have decided to do the muscle biopsy today instead of tomorrow. He will go back at 2:00pm. Thank you so much for your prayers!
April 25, 2011 12:44pm- They came early to get Miller. He is having biopsy done as we speak. Pray, pray, pray:).....
April 21, 2011 6:36pm- Relaxing in between tests. Waiting on MRI results. Just got blood drawn.
April 22, 2011 10:51pm- Patrick and I have been overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and support from our family and friends! We are truly blessed! We apologize for not being able to respond to every post, message, and text, but please know that we are reading every single one of them and feel God's presence through your prayers! Keep praying, keep the faith, and don't give up on our little fighter:)!
April 24, 2011 9:25pm- A friend shared this quote with me and it made me smile..."I know God won't give me anything I can't handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa
April 25, 2011 8:28am- They have decided to do the muscle biopsy today instead of tomorrow. He will go back at 2:00pm. Thank you so much for your prayers!
April 25, 2011 12:44pm- They came early to get Miller. He is having biopsy done as we speak. Pray, pray, pray:).....
April 25, 2011 3:24pm- Muscle biopsy went good! We are back in the room! The neurosurgeon said the muscle looked good to the naked eye:)! Now they will send a specimen to their lab and to UAMS for further testing. Now the waiting game begins. Thank you SO much for your prayers.
April 26, 2011 2:36pm- In EMG now. Prayers.....
April 26, 2011 7:55pm- The EMG results did not bring good news. Our sweet baby boy has been diagnosed with Type 1 Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). Although our hearts are breaking, we will remain faithful. We feel certain our little guy has a purpose and can't wait to see the joy he brings to our lives! Please continue to pray for our strength and Miller's health.
Aprill 29, 2011 10:21pm- Settling into our NEW "normal." Made it to the park today and went our for Mexican food tonight! These cords aren't going to slow us down:)!
May 7, 2011 7:07am- Our little angel is getting baptized at 8:30am this morning in a private ceremony at St. Vincent De Paul Catholic Church. Such a special day for us!
May 10, 2011 5:10pm- Home Health came again today. Frustrating news: he has to be put on oxygen more regularly now because he is working too hard to breath. Good news: he gained weight! Up to 10.3 (from 9.11 last week).
May 11, 2011 4:32pm- Finally got the muscle biopsy and genetic testing results back. They confirmed what the EMG already told us.....SMA Type 1. We had already accepted it, but it stinks to hear it all over again. We are staying strong and focusing on the positive. Taking it one day at a time and living life to it's fullest. Miller's life may be cut short, but it's going to be a good one! We love you just the way you are precious angel.
April 26, 2011 2:36pm- In EMG now. Prayers.....
April 26, 2011 7:55pm- The EMG results did not bring good news. Our sweet baby boy has been diagnosed with Type 1 Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). Although our hearts are breaking, we will remain faithful. We feel certain our little guy has a purpose and can't wait to see the joy he brings to our lives! Please continue to pray for our strength and Miller's health.
Aprill 29, 2011 10:21pm- Settling into our NEW "normal." Made it to the park today and went our for Mexican food tonight! These cords aren't going to slow us down:)!
May 7, 2011 7:07am- Our little angel is getting baptized at 8:30am this morning in a private ceremony at St. Vincent De Paul Catholic Church. Such a special day for us!
May 10, 2011 5:10pm- Home Health came again today. Frustrating news: he has to be put on oxygen more regularly now because he is working too hard to breath. Good news: he gained weight! Up to 10.3 (from 9.11 last week).
May 11, 2011 4:32pm- Finally got the muscle biopsy and genetic testing results back. They confirmed what the EMG already told us.....SMA Type 1. We had already accepted it, but it stinks to hear it all over again. We are staying strong and focusing on the positive. Taking it one day at a time and living life to it's fullest. Miller's life may be cut short, but it's going to be a good one! We love you just the way you are precious angel.











7 comments:
MOMMA MER AND PAT---YOU ALL ARE A TRUE PORTRAIT OF WHAT A GREAT PARENT SHOULD BE. I LOVE YOU AND THOSE TWO BOYS YOU HAVE BLESSED ME WITH. PAPA JIM
Meredith, I came across your blog from Ambers, your family is precious and I'm so sorry to hear about Miller. It sounds like you are a great mommy and have such a strong family. I will keep your family in our prayers! I have 2 boys (Felix 6 and Peyton 3) and can't imagine what you are going through. Stay strong and live life to the fullest! Cole and Miller are so cute! Sarah Beth (Temple) Smart.
Meredith~
Ya'll have not left our prayers since April 21st! Sending you all the love & support we can from Texas!! Keep fighting Miller, you are an angel!! xoxoxo
Meredith, we have been praying for your precious family! Your outlook and faith is so inspirational. Miller is such a beautiful baby and we pray daily for his strength.
Much love,
Michelle and Michael
Meredith, I just wanted you to know how often I think and pray for you guys. Your boys are so blessed to have you both as parents. The video Sarah did is amazing!! What precious children you have! We will keep your sweet family in our prayers.
Meredith,
Have been praying for your precious family! Miller is just beautiful! Will continue to pray for you daily!!
In Him - Evelyn
I am so sorry. A friend of mine from NWAR let me know of your situation. I used to live in NWAR. It was there I found out I was having twins, but when I moved to TN, I found out one of them had a life-threatening heart defect. He survived along with his sister and they keep me on my toes. They will be four in November. They had a baby brother in May of 2010, but he had a fatal form of that same rare heart defect that his big brother has. He gave us 23 beautiful minutes. The pain is tremendous and I am so sorry you are having to walk down this path. Our family will be praying for your family. I am under Christie Hammond Huggins on Facebook if you ever need to chat. -Christie
Post a Comment