2 years ago today we took our 3 week old baby boy to the doctor concerned with his lack of movement. We assumed we would leave the doctors office that day with a diagnosis of "overreactive parents", however, the appointment ended with us being sent to Mercy hospital for the night and then to ACH the next morning where we spent a week before coming home with the terminal diagnosis of SMA. It's surreal to look back over the last 2 years and realize how much my life has changed. How much I have changed as a person. The way my outlook on life has changed. I'm not a fan of "change", and certainly not the CHANGE this day made, but I know it was God's plan for us and can honestly say that I am a better person because of it. I wish I could squeeze these chubby cheeks and kiss those beautiful lips, but I will settle for the signs this sweet boy continues to send our way. We WILL see him again, and until then I am content knowing that he is sitting on the lap of Jesus. We love you Miller McNeil......
June
1 month ago











No comments:
Post a Comment