photo TheWoodruffFamily-home.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-miller.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-About.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-videos.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-website.png

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Miller

Was scrolling through pictures on my computer tonight and this one caught my eye. Earlier this morning we had taken Miller to the doctor because we were concerned with his lack of movement. I remember exactly where I parked and still to this day refuse to park in the same spot;). We figured we would be sent home with the diagnosis of "paranoid parents". Instead we left that parking lot and headed straight to Mercy. This picture was taken during our overnight stay at Mercy. We knew something was wrong but had NO idea just how bad things really were. We left for ACH the next morning and 1 week later got the diagnosis that changed our lives forever! I now have a hole that will NEVER be replaced. I can now break down in tears at ANY given time for no apparent reason. I have a baby in heaven! There is a missing piece to my puzzle. But is there??? Is there REALLY a missing piece, or did his piece fit just right??? I choose to believe this was His plan. Miller's "piece" is right where it is supposed to be. He was here on earth just long enough to make his mark. The things he has accomplished have FAR exceeded any dreams I ever had for him as my son. He is changing lives. He is making a difference. He is my baby boy and I am SO proud!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Aw, what a sweet picture. Such a cutie!! I can't imagine the pain you've been through.

Christy said...

I can't imagine the pain you live with everyday. Miller was precious and had such an impact on my life along with many others the short time he was here.

Deanna said...

Thank you for this entry in your blog. I was just introduced to your website and beautiful son. While your story has been hard to read, your description of "the missing piece" is perfect. Our grandson, Kaden Griffith, was diagnosed with SMA Type 1 at 2 months. My daughter and her husband's story is so similar to yours. We also had never heard of SMA. The Kansas City SMA community has been incredible. We are so proud of our daughter and her husband. Kaden is fortunate, as was Miller, to have the best parents ever! We are living each day we have with Kaden to the fullest. I am especially fortunate to be close enough to care for him everyday while his mommy and daddy both work as much as possible. Kaden is 4 1/2 months old and doing well. We have set up a Facebook page, Kaden's Krusade of Hope for friends and family to be able to know our beautiful baby boy. Thank you and your foundation for all you do for all of these beautiful children and their families!
Deanna Morgan

 

design + development by kelly christine studio