photo TheWoodruffFamily-home.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-miller.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-About.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-videos.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-website.png

Sunday, April 19, 2009

1 Year Check-Up


We had Cole's 1 year check up last week. Everything checked out good, with the exception that he is STILL battling his ear infection, and they told me he has a heart murmur. As you can imagine, I freaked a bit when they told me this news. Maybe freaked isn't the right word. I actually was really calm on the outside, because the doctor acted like it was no big deal, but on the inside, my stomach was in knots. I didn't ask a lot of questions because I didn't want to get emotional. Those of you that know me, know that it doesn't take much to make the tears flow, and when they start, they don't stop;)! So, needless to say, as soon as I got in the car I called my mom (who is a nurse) and she assured me that it is no big deal! Evidently kids have heart murmurs all the time, and most of the time they just disappear. We will just keep an eye (or ear) on it and make sure it doesn't get worse.

He is still long and lean. His stats are:

Weight- 22.10 lbs (50th percentile)

Length- 31 1/4 inches (89th percentile)

Head- still a consistent 99th percentile:)!

We go for a re-check on his ear infection next week, so I'll update on the murmur then. Hopefully it will have miraculously disappeared:)!

1 comment:

the osbornes said...

I know just how you feel about the murmur. Noah had one that they heard when he was about 2 1/2 months old. It was bad enough that they needed to do an EKG (?I think that's what it is called) to check it out, which scared me to death. There was a hole in his heart--scared me even more! But the doctors weren't worried, and by his 4 month check-up the murmur was gone! Apparently it is really common and they usually just go away, but I know how stressful it is when it is your child! I hope Cole's ear infection is better soon, and that his murmur disappears with no problems!

 

design + development by kelly christine studio