My stud of a husband;)! He was definitely man of the boat. I would get in major trouble if I tried to pick up my paddle and help out! Every now and then I would sneak it in the water and pretend that I was helping steer us! Ha, ha!
Bud and Peg! This was my mom's first float trip.....

Check out my dad's hat! He decorated it himself! Patrick asked him where his artistic inspiration came from, and he said "The hat started out pretty plain, and as the night went on, it became more colorful":).....

Mimi and Pops! Looks like Mimi knows what she's doing:).....
You just never know what you might see on the Mighty Elk......one of our surprise sightings was a baby bull! I thought it was a dog!
These people had a blow-up palm tree on their canoe! Hilarious!!!

A-MAZING!!!! Have you ever in your life seen 3 hairier men???

I think this pose was supposed to be intimidating?! What do you think? Ha, ha!!!

The lunch spread! Something about being on the river makes me SO hungry!!!

Bud & Peg.....

Mom and I aren't trying to strike a "celebrity" pose.....we are hiding chicken strips behind our backs:)!



The whole redneck clan.....

The woman in the middle of this canoe was sitting in a lawn chair, and her paddle had an umbrella duck taped to it! DIVA! I secretly wish I had thought of this idea;)!.....

This was a low water bridge we had to pass over. Most everyone was going to the right, getting out of their canoes, and carrying them over....NOT US!!! We braved it:)! My mom and dad are in the green canoe.....

And, they made it:)!................


Mimi & Pops.......

Kyle & Cece.....

Kyle and Cece got pushed up against a fallen tree and flipped! It really was pretty scary! Even though the Elk River is about the calmest river ever, you don't realize how powerful the water is! They both went under and the canoe sunk in a matter of seconds! This is the boys dragging the canoe to shore.....

Our parents were waiting for us downstream. They said they knew something had happened when they saw Cece's shoe come floating by!
These people had a blow-up palm tree on their canoe! Hilarious!!!

A-MAZING!!!! Have you ever in your life seen 3 hairier men???

I think this pose was supposed to be intimidating?! What do you think? Ha, ha!!!

The lunch spread! Something about being on the river makes me SO hungry!!!

Bud & Peg.....

Mom and I aren't trying to strike a "celebrity" pose.....we are hiding chicken strips behind our backs:)!



The whole redneck clan.....

The woman in the middle of this canoe was sitting in a lawn chair, and her paddle had an umbrella duck taped to it! DIVA! I secretly wish I had thought of this idea;)!.....

This was a low water bridge we had to pass over. Most everyone was going to the right, getting out of their canoes, and carrying them over....NOT US!!! We braved it:)! My mom and dad are in the green canoe.....

And, they made it:)!................


Mimi & Pops.......

Kyle & Cece.....

Kyle and Cece got pushed up against a fallen tree and flipped! It really was pretty scary! Even though the Elk River is about the calmest river ever, you don't realize how powerful the water is! They both went under and the canoe sunk in a matter of seconds! This is the boys dragging the canoe to shore.....

Our parents were waiting for us downstream. They said they knew something had happened when they saw Cece's shoe come floating by!
Here is Pops skipping a few rocks while he is waiting.....

























4 comments:
o. my. gaa.
i don't even know what to say! ha!my vote for best post of the year.
really...
so good for so many reasons.
how did i know that someone would have a beer koozie necklace on??? thank you kirbs!
really good one memes, really good one. that is some great story tellin. made my night!
Looks like you had a blast!! Aww, I miss float trips. L.O.V.E. those pics of the Woodruff men showing off...too funny!
i officially hate you. i don't look like that in a bikini & i've never even had a kid!!! seriously you look awesome. must be all that "working out" haha.
Looks like such a great time!!!
Post a Comment