photo TheWoodruffFamily-home.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-miller.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-About.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-videos.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-website.png

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Grammy

As most of you probably already know, my Grammy passed away last Tuesday. My mom was in town visiting when she got the call that Grammy probably wasn't going to make it through the day, so Cole and I loaded up and headed to Little Rock with mom. The rosary service was Thursday and the funeral was Friday. I enjoyed getting to spend some quality time with my family. At first I felt bad that my mom was up here instead of Hope when she got the call, because we didn't make it before Grammy passed away, but looking back now, I know it happened that way for a reason. If mom hadn't been here, I would have waited to go down for the rosary and funeral, and missed out on all the special memories we made on Tuesday after Grammy passed. My mom is 1 of 7 children, so we have a huge family! Everyone was there, and we "celebrated" Grammy's life. Boy oh boy, do we have some stories! I can guarantee that Grammy was looking down from Heaven with a big smile, appreciating the fact that she went out with a bang!

We miss you Grammy, but we know you are in a better place. A place you have been ready to go to for quite some time now. Save some cake for us;)!

This picture was taken on October 12th.....


This is the night of the Rosary. Cole was in awe of the baptismal font.....

6 comments:

Mary Kate said...

So sorry to hear about your grandmother!!!

Tabitha and Kelly said...

I was so sorry to hear about your grandmother when Kelly told me, but I love your uplifting post. Everyone at Judy's firm said the service was beautiful. Take care, Tabitha

The Jennings said...

So sorry to hear about Grammy! I know she will be missed sooo much! After Mom and Dad saw you guys on Thursday night, we got to see them and they told us funny stories your mom had told them about Grammy. One of a kind, Meredith!

Gretchan

Heather said...

I have been thinking about all of you this week! Grammy will sure be missed but she will get to look down and smile at all the McNeils often!!:)

the osbornes said...

Meredith, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother!

Jordan said...

ahhh, this made me cry!!

 

design + development by kelly christine studio