photo TheWoodruffFamily-home.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-miller.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-About.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-videos.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-website.png

Friday, April 1, 2011

He's Here!

Miller McNeil Woodruff

March 28th 2011/9:46pm

8lbs, 12.5oz/20.5 inches


We checked into the hospital at 6:00am on Monday morning. After 16 hours of labor, we welcomed our sweet baby boy into the world! The whole process was great! I know 16 hours may seem like a long time, but when you are comparing it to 30 HOURS, it was fantastic:)! Thank goodness for Facebook, I was able to keep everyone updated all day long! 3 years ago, when I had Cole, I had a list of people I had to CALL, a list of people I had to EMAIL, a list of people I had to TEXT, and then of course there are still people that feel left out, so it was nice to have 1 outlet that MOST people could follow along with;)!


Here is the Facebook recap:

6:00am- check in

7:23am- 2/40%

8:21am- started pitocin

12:16pm- got epidural

1:23pm- 3/70%

2:47pm- 4/70%

4:15pm- 5/90%

5:56pm- 6/100%

7:18pm- 7/100%

9:14pm- 10!!!

9:46pm- MILLER TIME

Here is a poem my dad wrote while he was waiting for Miller's arrival:

Miller

Mom & Dad & Brother agree

you're a special addition to the Woodruff three

In no time at all God made you complete

from the top of your head to the soles of your feet

Laugh and love as you make your own way

give thanks for your blessings at least once a day

Leave anger behind, be gentle but strong

stay true to yourself when things go wrong

Earn the respect of all those you meet

be humble in victory, learn from defeat

Real friends are a gift so fine and so rare

choose them wisely, choose them with care

I love you,

Bud




































4 comments:

the osbornes said...

he is adorable! Such sweet pics, and PRECIOUS poem by your dad!!

Mary Kate said...

CONGRATS Meredith! He is beautiful! He looks just like Cole to me! What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

MOMMA MER THIS LAST POST WAS AWESOME!!!!. BUD HAS WRITTEN A LOT OF GREAT POEMS---BUT I BELIEVE THIS WAS HIS BEST( FOLLOWED BY HIS POEM TO YOU) PAPA JIM

Meredith & Brett Hagedorn said...

Meredith,
Wonderful post to recap Miller's birthday. Congrats to your whole family! I'm thrilled for you guys! Also, that's so wonderful about Cole doing so well with Miller, hes a natural big brother! Take care!!

 

design + development by kelly christine studio