What a difference a year makes! One year ago today, I surprised Patrick with a positive pregnancy test:)! I remember it like it was yesterday. We had decided the month before that we were ready to start trying for a baby again, but had no idea it would happen so soon. With both of my pregnancies, we got pregnant the very first month we tried! I know we are SO blessed because of that. It breaks my heart to hear of people having fertility issues, so for that, I am thankful! We were supposed to go to dinner at some friends house that Friday night, and I knew I would want to have a glass of wine, so I thought I better take a test just to be safe;)! I was so excited when it showed up positive! I couldn't wait to tell Patrick, but he was playing in a golf tournament and I didn't want to tell him over the phone. I was pacing the house and couldn't sit still, so I loaded Cole up and we headed to McDonald's. On the way out the door, for some CRAZY reason, I threw the pregnancy test in my purse. Gross and random, I know;)!!! Hahahah!!!! While in the McDonald's drive thru, my car broke down:(! It just quit working! I have no idea what was wrong with it. It was a 2008 Acadia, so it wasn't like it was an old hoopty car, but it literally quit working! I freaked out and called Patrick, who had LUCKILY just gotten in his truck and was headed home from the golf tournament. I told him what happened and he came to the rescue;)! On the way home, he said, "Man.....crazy day, huh?". I said, "You have no idea!" and pulled the positive pregnancy test out of my purse! I know, it's not a very sweet/romantic way to break the news, but the second time around, it is what it is;). He was shocked! We were driving down the road screaming for joy, meanwhile, Cole was in the back seat as confused as ever;)! So, as I mentioned earlier, we were going to a cookout at our friends house that night, and I am kind of a "wine-o":), so I knew if I didn't have a glass of wine, my friends would bust me, so on the way to their house, we called my parents to tell them the news and stopped by Nana and Papa's house so that Cole could tell them! Baby Woodruff #2 was on the way and we were on Cloud 9!!!
We had no idea what was in store for us! If I said I wouldn't change a thing, I'd be lying, because of course, I would do ANYTHING to have Miller here with us now, but under the circumstances, life is good! God is GOOD, and we trust that THIS is our life plan. I think about Miller EVERY SECOND of EVERY DAY! It can be a bit emotionally draining, but I am so glad I remember him so vividly, and SO THANKFUL for the memories we have! Those 87 days were so very precious to our family!!! It is crazy to think he was only here for 87 days! It seemed like he was here for years! We developed such a deep bond with him in such a short time! I think everyone that laid eyes on him, whether in person or in pictures, developed a bond with him. He had a way of drawing you in with those BIG, BEAUTIFUL eyes!!! He was, without a doubt, one of God's angels:)!
I plan to start updating the blog more often. I have more pictures I want to share of Miller, and I want to keep y'all up to date with Big Brother Cole:)! For those of you wondering, he is doing good! Hasn't missed a beat, and certainly isn't being neglected! If anything, he is being SMOOTHERED with Love:)!!! I notice little things he does now, that I don't think I would have noticed before. The little things in life are SO much more precious now. Thank you Miller for making me a more appreciative, more patient, and more loving Mother. I can't wait until the day I hold you again, but in the meantime, know that I love you! More than anything in this world.....I LOVE YOU!!!
11 comments:
Have I mentioned how amazing you are?! And what an inspiration you are to me?! Miller and Cole couldn't have a sweeter mommy!
I came across your blog and wanted to say thank you for sharing your story. My heart breaks for your family. We just had twin girls March 30th and I can't imagine life without them. I cry every time I read your posts, but I hold my babies tighter and pray that God blesses your family richly. Miller was such a sweet angel..thank you for sharing him with us! Jeremiah 29:11
Memes, one of your gifts is your memory and how detailed it is. :). You are always able to remember every single thing that happens and that is a true blessing especially now. I'm so glad you have such vivid memories! Love you lots!
I just love those pictures Memes. I think about you all everyday and am in constant awe at your strength and positive outlook on life. Love you!
I Love what you said that GOD is GOOD!! GOD is GOOD and DOES GOOD despite what happens.. That is what brings us HOPE each day.. I also like the scripture GOD WILL WORK EVERY THING OUT FOR GOOD, TO THOSE WHO LOVE HIM, WHO ARE THE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSES. ROMANS 8:28. We might not be able to see it at the time, and sometimes we wonder how GOD can work anything out for good during all this, but in GODS infinate wisdom and his UNFAILING LOVE for us, he does work it all out for GOOD.. This scripture is what helps me.. Your story of Miller touched my heart.. Can I please have your email address. I am a christian girl who lives in OKC.. I have a precious story to share with you.. A very precious story I think will bless your heart. I also have a book I would like to share with you.. We both went through very similar experiences. God puts people together that need each other, and to help each other.. May GOD Bless you and comfort your hearts and bring his peace and joy to you.. lorisangels9@yahoo.com
I have been praying for your family since I found your blog a few weeks ago. I am so sorry for your loss. Lifting your family up in prayer!
Meredith, you are seriously so graceful and positive. I am praying for you, girl.
You and Miller have so blessed my life!! Such an incredible short bittersweet journey! Your words of strength about your trusting God that this is the path he has chosen for you and your family, is an amazing statement and testament of your faith!! Isn't it wonderful for God to entrust us, even if for a short time, with these wonderful angels that go through immense pain and suffering! To touch our lives and perhaps give us a glimpse of true, unconditional purest love! What beautiful pictures of a beautiful precious child who has so blessed us all and made us all such better mothers knowing he was loved, taken care of with the best of care while he visited us here on earth and awaits you in heaven! God bless you for accepting Miller as Miller and the time God gave you to be his Mother! God chose you because you chose him! You will be forever changed and used for God's glory!!
My prayers and adoration to you and your family!
Bless you for sharing!!
Suzy Warder
San Antonio, Texas
I have a baby grandson named WALKER who has an incredible long recovery journey ahead of him from cardiac arrest after open heart surgery.
You story has inspired my daughter Emily(his mother who shared your blog with me) and myself, you see I was with Walker in my arms when he went into cardiac arrest!!
Pray for us as we will and have for you!,,
Grams
Meredith,
I can't even begin to explain how incredibly strong and positive I think you are. You truly are such an amazing woman and you have an amazing family. I really appreciate you sharing Miller's journey, the good and the bad, with all of us. It's definitely been inspiring to not only me, but everyone around me. Miller opened up the eyes and hearts of everyone who knew him through pictures and in person and I'm truly grateful for his 87 days here. He will forever hold a spot in so many hearts, and I know you're extremely proud to be his Mom! Miller couldn't have been blessed with a more loving family. You, Patrick, big brother Cole and your entire family are always in our thoughts and prayers.
I'M WITH MILLER!!
You have such a beautiful family!
I am from Hope, but now live in Kentucky, and I am always seeing "IM WITH MILLER" on facebook so I googled it and found your website, my heart breaks for you and your family. You are all in my thoughts and prayer. I cried reading some of your post and watching videos, I know it must be a very hard time for you all. I know baby Miller is a beautiful angel in heaven now, and will forever be with you all.
I'M WITH MILLER.
Post a Comment