A few weeks ago I got this email from a friend of ours:
Hey y’all,
I just wanted to share a little something with you. As I mentioned, my son Jaxen, is playing All Star football currently with an organization in Bentonville. We are practicing 4 days a week for 3 hours each night. These kids are incredibly dedicated and talented little boys. I always feel like God puts you exactly where you’re supposed to be and when and with whom. I noticed that one of the mom’s on Jaxen’s team at the beginning of the season was wearing an “I’m with Miller” hat, I winked at her and said “Hey, I love your hat”, she smiled and said “Thanks”. That little boy was also asked to play on the same All Star team as Jaxen. Myers is his name and he recently broke his collar bone and now obviously won’t be able to play in the tournament in Tulsa this weekend. Anyway, his mom, Sara Burch, emailed us all this morning. They purchased 25 “I’m with Miller” bracelets from Gap and will be giving them out for all the boys to wear this weekend in Tulsa at our banquet dinner on Friday night. Her point is to let the kids know how to come together and show love and support through really hard times and she hopes to bring the boys closer together through this. This team of boys has only been playing together for a week and a half at this point. I’m excited to see how briefly sharing this story with a group of 7-9 year old boys will affect them. I can’t wait to take a ton of pictures of this for you and share them.
I’ll keep you posted. I hope ya’ll have a fantastic day in this beautiful weather. I feel amazing things happening with you guys!
Love ya!
Is that not amazing? What a sweet, sweet gesture. Both of these women have hearts of gold! I also must mention that the reason we have gotten to know Nicole (who the email was from) is because she has offered to help us put together a walk in memory of Miller. Such selfless individuals! We are blessed beyond measure.
Here are some pictures of the All Star Football Team. The first picture is of them at their banquet dinner the night before the game. You can see some of their Miller bracelets:)! The second picture is them getting ready to run through their sign at the game. Look in the lower left corner and you’ll see they put the /\/\/\/\/\ logo on there:)…..











1 comment:
Oh how these miller moments must just make your heart smile!! He left a mark...a lasting indention forever in our hearts!!
Post a Comment