It is amazing to me how far reaching Miller’s legacy already is. We LOVE hearing about people sharing his story, and surprisingly enough, some of our favorite stories come from children! We have had a few students ask us if they can share Miller’s story in their schools. Junior high, high school, AND college students. The ages range and the acts are all different. From simply wearing his Miller bands and telling his story, to doing speeches and special projects. Every single one of them touch our hearts so much!
I got this message on November 28th from a Senior in HIGH SCHOOL who I have never even met. We have some mutual friends, so when she heard about Miller through them, she started following his story:
Hi Miss Meredith! I am so sorry to keep bugging you with questions, but I have another one, haha! For my class we are doing a project on a topic that is close to our heart, and I am doing mine on SMA. We have to make a video, and I wanted to ask you if I could use part of that interview you did recently, to more accurately tell Miller's story. If not, I completely understand. I've been thinking of Miller a lot lately, thank you for sharing his stories :)
*Here is her finished project. Don’t forget to scroll to the bottom of the page and PAUSE my playlist so you can hear the video without the music interfering.
Can you believe that a senior in High School would be so selfless and have so much interest in a baby who she had never even met? Our little guy is touching lives all over! He was a true angel from above, and I feel privileged to be known as “Miller’s Mom”
!
*I also must mention, that not only has she done the video above, she also posted this message on Facebook at the beginning of November:
I will be donating all of the money I get from babysitting starting now until July to the Miller McNeil Woodruff foundation...go on a date night and tell your friends!!! I'm With Miller!!
I can’t wait to meet this young lady one day and hug her neck. She has a heart of gold!!!











3 comments:
That is simply awesome. I absolutely love children helping children. What a wonderful and selfless teen!
Truly amazing! Her video was beautiful. Miller is touching alot of lives :) includog mine. god bless your family
that is so touching that a high-school would go to such lengths to make a presentation so sweet and presentable(I'm glad we didn't have to know all that technology in our high school days...boy would I have been lost...LOL)...and to give her babysitting funds...what a precious soul!!
Post a Comment