photo TheWoodruffFamily-home.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-miller.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-About.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-videos.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-website.png

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Baptism

This is a BIG post, for a BIG day!

Cole was baptised on Sunday. What a special day! After mass, we went over to Mimi and Pops for a celebratory brunch! The only catch.....NO ELECTRICITY! We had storms Saturday night (thanks to Ike), and their electricity had gone out. Oh no!!! I was so nerovus, not necessarily for me, but I felt horrible for Rhonda and Jim because I knew they had put so much time and effort into cooking and making sure everything was perfect. Well, once I realized it wasn't phasing them in the least, I decided I wouldn't worry either. Leave it to Jim and Rhonda to pull off a brunch, with 40 people (I know...Patrick's family is as big as mine), with no electricity...NO PROBLEM!

For some reason, these pictures have posted ALL out of order. I don't know why, but it would take too long to do it again, so just bear with me...

The cake that Mimi made. How special!


Peg, Lindsey, and Cole


Cole with Deb (Cole Phillips mom).

For those of you that don't know, Cole was not only named after his dad (Patrick Cole), but he was also named after one of his dad's best friends, Cole Phillips.

Cole was killed in a car accident his junior year of high school, and he will always hold a special place in Patrick's heart.

We definitely feel like Cole is watching over our Cole.

Cole Phillips' birthday was September 14th.

Cole Woodruff was born at 9:14pm, and was baptised on 9/14...coincidence?...HARDLY!


Cole with Mimi & Pops


Cole with Bud & Peg. We were so glad Bud and Peg came up for the special day. They wouldn't have missed it for the world!


Sweet Boy!


Jayna, Amber, Cy, Cole, and me. It looks like Cy was wondering why Cole had a "dress" on!


Family pic...


Cole and me...


The Godfathers...

Tom is Kyle's Godfather
Mike is Patrick's Godfather
Kyle is Cole's Godfather


Cole with his parents and godparents (Lindsey & Kyle)...


He was not modest in his gown! He loved playing with his feet and flashing his diaper!


Lindsey and Kyle with their Easter candles


Receiving his bib


"Why am I wet?"


Getting dressed in the car. We didn't want to wrinkle the gown in his carseat. That was a lost cause! Oh well, at least we tried...


Family picture before we go into church


Peg and Mimi getting the blue bow tied just right!

The gown Cole wore was 91 years old! Patrick was baptised in it, along with Kyle, Jim, and pretty much the whole rest of the family! How special! My family (The McNeil's) have a family gown that was 90 something years old too, but I wasn't baptised in it, so we decided since Patrick was baptised in this one, Cole would wear it. It was just perfect!


Getting directions...


Cole is baptised!!! Yea:)!!!



This was such a special day! We will remember it forever! We love you, Cole!

9 comments:

Tabitha and Kelly said...

How wonderful!! I think that EVERYTHING was just so special - the date, the gown, everything! Max was baptized on the 28th anniversary of my baptism and my granddad's birthday. Was that Msgr. Lesieur? We think he's great! He did our marriage counseling at Holy Souls! Congrats!

Kelly said...

Precious baby boy!! He looked so cute. You all did. Congratulations.

Jayme said...

What a special day! And that is so neat about the gown! Cole looked so precious, and I bet his daddy was dying seeing him in all those pretty clothes!

Kate said...

thanks for letting us be a part of a very special day and thanks to the fam for such a yummy brunch! :)

Heather said...

What a special day!!! He looks so cute!! Love the gown!

The Thompson Family said...

meredith, i don't usually leave comments, but i check your blog often and love to keep up with baby cole! what a wonderful day and i really enjoyed the story of his namesake. cole definitely has a guardian angel to keep a close eye on him. you will probably get more peaceful night of sleep knowing that when he grows up! hope to see you soon. leigh

Amber said...

It really was a perfectly special day! I loved getting to be there to help celebrate! Thanks so much for having us!!

jayna said...

It was a precious day for a precious little boy! Thanks for letting us share it with ya'll!

Lauren Smart said...

The day looked wonderful! He looks so precious in his gown and the other little outfit! I love everything monogrammed!

 

design + development by kelly christine studio