photo TheWoodruffFamily-home.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-miller.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-About.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-videos.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-website.png

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Party with a Purpose- Lily and Maggie

My friend, Kim, came to me recently and said that she and her husband had decided to ask the guests invited to Lily & Maggie’s birthday party to bring a donation to The Miller McNeil Woodruff Foundation in lieu of gifts.  We were so taken back my this offer!  What a selfless act!  I must say that Lily and Maggie have some VERY generous friends/family, because we came home with $820 for the foundation!!!!!  Can you believe that???  So amazing!!!  Thank you again to the Rusher family for thinking of Miller.  It just so happened to be his 10 month birthday, and I know he was smiling down BIG from heaven:)! 

001007008010012015020023

*I also wanted to mention that back in August, my friend Gretchen, did the same thing at her little boy’s 1st Birthday party.  This was shortly after Miller had passed away and I was consumed with other things and didn’t mention it on my blog, so I wanted to say a big THANK YOU (5 months later!) to Gretchen for thinking to do this for James’ birthday party!  I stole this picture of their donation box from her blog:

DSC02030-1 

*Be looking for more “Party with a Purpose” posts, because in the last month we have had 3 other people ask if they could do the same thing.  None of these people know each other, they just all happened to come to me around the same time with the same idea.  Just another example of the fact that there really are good people in this worldSmile! 

4 comments:

Kate said...

so cool!!!! :) i love that!!! :)

Sara said...

I have been following your blog for a while but have never commented. I am just amazed with the tremendous impact Miller has made and the amazing job you and your family are doing to keep his memory alive and raise awareness for this disease. Keeping you in my prayers.

I am with Miller!

Jenee' Clayton said...

This touches my heart!! Best of friends! Awesome! I remember seeing that on Gretchen's post too!

The Jennings said...

You are sweet to add that but certainly didn't have to! Think of you often.

Love,
Gretchan

 

design + development by kelly christine studio