photo TheWoodruffFamily-home.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-miller.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-About.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-videos.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-website.png

Thursday, February 23, 2012

8 months in Heaven

How in the world has it been 8 months since I held this sweet baby boy?  It doesn’t seem possible!  I hope it never seems as long as it is.  I pray that I always remember the way his cuddly little body rested on my chest, and the way his BEAUTIFUL blue eyes would captivate anyone he made eye contact with.  We love you “Minner MACneil” and miss you so much!  Your Big Brother continues to talk about you EVERY.SINGLE.DAY!  He loves to see you in the moon, and he especially loved it when you and Grammy sent us the snow:).  He has recently been asking to go to Heaven to see you, or asking if you can come see us, but I assure him you are with us EVERY day, in EVERYTHING we do!  You will always be our Hero!

IMG_1647

(This is the poem that my dad wrote while at the hospital waiting for Miller to make is grand entrance into the world.  It was hard for me to think about reading after he passed away, because I remembered it as being things about his future.  However, I stopped to read it the other day, and realized that even though our little man only lived for 87 days, EVERY line in this poem is true.  He lived every part of this poem to it’s fullest!)-

Miller

Mom & Dad & Brother agree

you're a special addition to the Woodruff three

In no time at all God made you complete

from the top of your head to the soles of your feet

Laugh and love as you make your own way

give thanks for your blessings at least once a day

Leave anger behind, be gentle but strong

stay true to yourself when things go wrong

Earn the respect of all those you meet

be humble in victory, learn from defeat

Real friends are a gift so fine and so rare

choose them wisely, choose them with care

I love you,

Bud

No comments:

 

design + development by kelly christine studio