photo TheWoodruffFamily-home.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-miller.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-About.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-videos.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-website.png

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Party with a Purpose- Jackson

What an amazing story!  Read the before AND after emails I received from Jackson’s mom.  Brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face…..

Hi Meredith,

I am friends with Mandy Medley and she told me about her daughters birthday party and her idea of instead of having guests bring gifts, to bring a donation for your sweet Miller's foundation.  I thought that was the best idea and I told her that I would love to do the same for my son's birthday party.  So, she passed your email address on to me so that I could ask you if we could do the same for our son's party.  He will be turning 5 in April and my husband and I have been talking about giving to an organization instead of him receiving gifts.  When Mandy shared her idea with me, I thought it was perfect.

I have followed your blog for years now and think I may have commented a time or two when Miller was born and after he was diagnosed.  I am kind of shy when it comes to commenting on blogs but your precious Miller touched me so much that I had to let you know. I have prayed and prayed for your entire family and I truly admire your strength and the way you are continuing Miller's legacy.  Your family is such a blessing and encouragement to so many in our community!  I can see what a wonderful mother you are even though I have never even met you.

Just let me know when you have a chance if you would allow us to do this.

Thank you so much and I hope to have the opportunity to meet you in person one day!

Emily Coleman

Jackson 5 yr photo

Hi Meredith,

We had Jackson’s birthday over the weekend and raised $240 for Miller’s Foundation that we are so excited to give you. I have been talking to our Jackson about Miller and your family for a month or so now and letting him know that we were going to focus on “giving” at his birthday instead of “receiving” and telling him of Miller’s story and the way we can help others with this disease. With him just turning five years old, I didn’t know if he was really listening when I was talking to him and if he was comprehending just a small portion of Miller’s story and the foundation you started. Then just a few days before the party, we made a box for his friends to put their donations in and placed Miller’s picture (from one of the cards you sent us) on the box. That night I heard him go get the box and take it in there to his daddy and tell him the story of Miller and how his friends were going to bring money so he could give it to Miller’s mommy. It blessed my heart that he has the opportunity to do this for your son and that he is EXCITED about helping others. I can see that Miller has touched Jackson’s life so much and I am so grateful that you allowed us to this.

There was another little girl at Jackson’s party that brought $12 of her own money to give to Miller’s foundation. Her mom told me that the week before Jackson’s party, she asked if she could have some jobs so that she could earn money to give at the party. She helped her dad work outside for hours on the Saturday before the party and brought everything she earned to put in the box. I wanted to share that little story with you so you know what a great impact your little boy has on so many people, including little kids.

Jackson asked me if he could bring the money to you, so I told him that I would ask you if we could meet you one day and allow him to give it to you himself. I will ask Mandy Medley (and McKayla) to come along so she can introduce us (I know she felt so bad that she forgot to do this at McKayla’s birthday). I am so glad Mandy shared this idea with me because it has really been a great blessing to our family in so many ways. Thanks again Meredith! Talk to you soon!

Emily N. Coleman

1 comment:

Brandi said...

How awesome!!!!!! WOW!!!

 

design + development by kelly christine studio