I can’t believe my baby boy would have been 6 months old today! I feel like 6 months is such a milestone! I remember when Cole turned 6 months old, it was like he went from being a “newborn” to an actual “baby”. He was eating baby food, sitting up well on his own, riding in a big boy car seat, sitting in shopping carts and restaurant high chairs, etc. It is such a fun age! I wish more than anything Miller was with me today, reaching all of these milestones and learning new things before my very eyes. My mind knows that he is happy in Heaven, however, my heart misses him SO much! I didn’t really prepare myself for today to be emotional. I expect his first birthday to be hard, (which means that it probably won’t be), but I wasn’t prepared for the sick feeling in my stomach, the lump in my throat, and the burn in my eyes today. It’s the things I don’t “prepare” for that get me the most.
Watching this video makes me happy! You can see the spirit in his eyes, and tell that he knew he was loved! That was our ultimate goal, to give him the best possible life he could have, and LOVE him with everything we had. I think we were successful at that, so I rest easy at night, dreaming of the day I hold him again and see those big, beautiful eyes!
I have GNO tonight, and Patrick is going to hang out with some of his friends (and Cole), so I think we’ll toast to Miller’s life. Even though it was far too short, it was GOOD!
Miller McNeil, we love you to the moon and back, and as far as our arms will reach!
-Mommy, Daddy, and Big Brother Cole











6 comments:
Said extra prayers for you tonight. May you have comfort as you remember your sweet Miller. He is such an angel!
This boy knew he was loved for sure!!!!! :) i remember the way he would react to you like in that video! he loved his mama's face and voice and of course mama's touch! ;)
prayers for comfort, peace and understanding...today and always..
love ya'll! :)
gosh that made me smile!
Seeing his little face so happy made me cry happy tears! It's so bittersweet that while Miller's life was too short, it was spent just the way a mother would have hoped... in his home surrounded by so much love.
My little boy is a week younger than Miller and I can't tell you how many times I've thought of you and your baby while I'm with mine. I wish with all of my heart that you could be celebrating this 6 month milestone with him in your arms, sitting up, and eating solids. But Miller was more than a typical baby. He had a bigger purpose than reaching milestones. That sweet blue-eyed baby has done more for my heart and soul than anybody I've encountered in 27 years. Gracious, did God pick an angel or what?! His eyes are so captivating. It makes me so happy to see him responding to you with a smile. You can tell in less than one minute that Miller was crazy about his mommy.
Thank you for posting that precious video. I know your arms may feel empty, but Miller is all around you. We are praying for the Woodruff family in Charleston, SC!
Seeing that smile melts my heart. He knew he had the best parents in the world and he has made such an impact on so many peoples lives. I pray for your family and admire your strength daily.
Lauren M.
God bless your beautiful family. You continue to be in my prayers!
Post a Comment