photo TheWoodruffFamily-home.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-miller.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-About.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-videos.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-website.png

Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Day to Remember

October 15th is National Pregnancy and Early Infant Loss Remembrance Day.  It’s unfortunate that there even has to be a day for such a thing, but I am glad that there is.  It’s important for everyone to take time and acknowledge the families who have lost babies.  Now days, most people are very open about their journey’s, but since Miller’s passing I have learned of many families who lost babies years and years ago that I never even knew about.  It’s not that they didn’t want to talk about their babies, they just didn’t have the capabilities we have today.  Before social media, email, cell phones, etc. it was much harder to communicate with people.  I feel fortunate to live in a time where I am able to express my emotions through our journey, all the while keeping Miller’s legacy alive and raising awareness for SMA.  

.66

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I lost my daughter at 15 months after open heart surgery nearly 28 years ago. Her memory is with me everyday of my life..I wonder sometimes what kind of woman she would have grown to be...

 

design + development by kelly christine studio