photo TheWoodruffFamily-home.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-miller.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-About.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-videos.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-website.png

Monday, November 28, 2011

8 months old

Miller would be 8 months old today.  I can’t believe it.  His 1 year birthday is sneaking up on us.  We have something very exciting planned for that, and all I can tell you now is that you should mark your calendars for March 30th:)! 

I woke up to a wonderful devotion this morning.  I think it’s a birthday message from Miller:).  He knew I would need this today.  Thanks for taking care of your mommy, sweet boy!  I wish you were laying on my chest and I was patting your bottom, but since I can’t have that, I’ll take any sign you will send me.  We love you and miss you everyday…..

007

(For those of you that asked about the last devotional I posted, this one is from the same book.  It is called:  Moments of Peace in the Presence of God)

1 comment:

Stuart Buck said...

Hi,

I came across y'all from seeing a local issue of CityScapes. (My family lives in Springdale.) I'm so sorry about your loss.

I wanted to recommend one of my favorite books: Tony Woodlief's "Somewhere More Holy." It's on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Somewhere-More-Holy-Bewildered-Stumbling/dp/0310319935
Tony and his wife lost a 3-year-old girl to a brain tumor. The book is about how their family dealt with that loss, and had four more children (all boys).

Here's the review I left on Amazon: Out of the probably thousands of books that I've read, few are as laugh-out-loud funny, or as unbearably poignant, or as full of wise and profound observations about God's place in our lives, or as beautifully written -- let alone all four at once.

Blessings,
Stuart Buck

 

design + development by kelly christine studio