photo TheWoodruffFamily-home.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-miller.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-About.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-videos.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-website.png

Monday, June 4, 2012

Rainbow Baby

My friend, Emily Stein, shared this with me the other day and I loved it so much that I wanted to share:

“Rainbow Babies" is the understanding that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of the storm. When a rainbow appears, it doesn't mean the storm never happened or that the family is not still dealing with its aftermath. What it means is that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds. Storm clouds may still hover but the rainbow provides a counterbalance of color, energy and hope.

rainbow

*We got a package in the mail today that had Mattie’s very 1st monogrammed outfit in it.  You all know that I am a sucker for a monogrammed bubble, so I’m sure this won’t be the lastWinking smile.  Seeing her little name on a piece of clothing somehow made it seem so real!!!

002

*We also had a doctors appointment today.  Everything looked great!  Dr. Birch is so sweet and does an ultrasound every visit.  It was hard to get a good picture of her because she was moving SO much!  You can’t tell from the picture below, but she was rubbing her little eyes!  SO SWEETSmile…..003

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Hi Meredith :) I've been following your blog for sometime now, and I love this post.

My husband and I got married 2 weeks after you, we'd been engaged for 2 years by that point and we'd longed to have a family.

One year became 2, we decided to try adoption. Unfortunately through no fault of our own it failed 9 months into it.

We became pregnant the next year after trying for over 3 years to become pregnant. Our son Luke went to heaven on October 22, 2009 he was born in the same hospital as his little cousin would be over 2 years later and we got to hold him and love him before placing him in the care of the funeral home. We were heartbroken.

My nickname online that I use for my blog is "rainbowaftertherain". We've never given up hope that one day God will send us our miracle.

We learned in early 2011 (shortly after we saw a double rainbow) that we were once again expecting. I was fearful because the doctors told us once someone has placental abruption that it could occur again. While thankfully that didn't happen again I became very ill in my second trimester and our sweet little girl, Adyn, joined her brother in Heaven on May 24, 2011.

So excited Mattie is on her way we pray for her all the time :)

Kim said...

Love that bubble!!!!

 

design + development by kelly christine studio