photo TheWoodruffFamily-home.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-miller.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-About.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-videos.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-website.png

Monday, September 24, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATTIE!!!

Mattie McNeil Woodruff

September 24, 2012/4:54pm

8lbs 3oz/19.5 inches

We checked into the hospital at 7:00am on Monday morning and welcomed our sweet baby GIRL into the world 10 hours later.  Here is the recap of Labor & Delivery:

7:00am- check in

8:30am- 3/75%

11:00am- got epidural:)

11:30am- started pitocin & broke water

1:30pm- 5/80%

3:30pm- 7/90%

4:15pm- 8/90%

(then I threw up, as usual)

4:45pm- complete!

4:54pm- MATTIE IS BORN 

It was my easiest delivery by far!!!  For some reason I always throw up right before I am complete.  My mom called it “transition”.  I have no idea what that is, but after they checked me at 4:15pm and I was 8/90% I decided it was time to do my usual throw up.  My sweet sister always holds my hair while I puke in the lovely barf bag.  I hate to throw up more than anything in this world, but because all I ever have on my stomach is popsicles it’s really not that bad.  LOL!  As soon as I threw up my mom said she thought it was transition and asked the nurse to check me again.  I thought she was crazy because she had literally just walked out of the room from checking me and I was an 8.  I didn’t think there was any way I would have already progressed to a 10!  Boy was I wrong!  She checked me at 4:45pm and said I was complete.  Mattie was born 9 minutes later!  We hardly had time to get our family/friends out of the room and the nurses/doctor in the room!  That’s my kind of delivery:)!!!

As you probably remember, my dad always writes his grandbabies poems.  He has written all 3 of our kiddos poems while I have been in labor.  It’s what he does to pass the time and calm his nerves;).  It is something that is SO, SO special to us and our babies will get to have and treasure forever.  Here is Mattie’s poem:

Mattie

Mattie McNeil Woodruff arrived here today.

Our prayers have been answered in a wonderful way.

A new baby girl to love and adore.

A first for our family, who could ask for more.

This little lady a difference will make.

All boys before for goodness sake.

The carnival ride has just begun.

Strap yourself in and hold on for the fun.

I know from my past what’s ahead for ole dad.

She’ll make your heart smile and rarely sad.

Everything happens for a reason, we know.

Our thanks be to God for blessing us so.

143, Bud

001002003005006007009010011012013017019021025029030031033035039043050052055057058061063064067068069070071072073

If you are interested in seeing pics from Cole’s birth, here is the link: 

http://colecrews.blogspot.com/2008/04/lots-more-pics.html

And here is the link to pics from Miller’s birth: 

http://colecrews.blogspot.com/2011/04/hes-here.html

I think you will be amazed at how much she looks like her big brothers!  Makes my heart smileSmile!!!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Congratulations, she is beautiful!

Brandi said...

Congrats, what a cutie! And that poem your dad wrote, beautiful!!!!

Kimberley said...

what a blessing!! congratulations!!! she's beautiful!

 

design + development by kelly christine studio