photo TheWoodruffFamily-home.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-miller.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-About.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-videos.png photo TheWoodruffFamily-website.png

Monday, November 7, 2011

Miller’s High Life…..

After the football game Saturday night we all went to Artex and spent the night.  The guys got up Sunday morning to go hunting, and then after breakfast we went to put up “Miller’s High Life” deer tower.  As I’ve mentioned before, EVERYTHING at Artex is named (roads, fields, ponds, etc.).  When you manage 1800 acres, you have to do this in order to know where in the world you are;)!  Cole has “Cole Crews Landing”, and now Miller has “Miller’s High Life”!  It was a lot of work for these guys to get the tower up, but they made it look pretty easy!  I am so glad that my family got to be a part of this.  It wasn’t planned that way, it just worked out that they happened to be up here on the weekend the stand needed to be put up.  We will remember this day forever, as something we all got to do together to honor Miller.

Unloading the tower off of the trailer…..061

Big Brother is just happy to be hanging out with his cousinsSmile…..066

Ryan found a salamanderWinking smile…..

067

Chaining the tower to the tractor…..070

Amy and Sam, our honorary cousinSmile…..

071

Here goes nothingSmile!!!

075085086

The guys carrying the posts up the hill.  My sister took this picture, and after she took it she said “Oh my gosh, it made a cross!”.  It is a PERFECT cross, and this was taken completely unintentionally.  The picture I took at the same time is below this one and it doesn’t look anything like a cross.  I think our angel was making his presence knownSmile!!!!!  

miller cross

096

Getting the legs positioned….106

I love the “I’m with Miller” hatsSmile…..

107

Cole in HeavenSmile…..

110

Cousins…..

111112116

That is some serious trust Jim has in his tractorWinking smile…..

118

Mom and Lindsey “helping”Smile…..121127139140142146148150

Rhonda “helping”Smile…..

152

Of course, the afternoon wouldn’t have been complete with out a Miller LiteWinking smile…..

153155158159

Proud daddySmile…..

163

Uncle Roy making sure everything is nice and levelSmile…..

167

Amy took the boys on a hike in the woods…..171174176

Patrick taking the tape off of the windows.  Not sure why they didn’t think to take this off BEFORE it went upWinking smile???

177181

Cole making his way up Miller’s stand for the first timeSmile…..

182186

Happy boys!!!!!

188

Our little family in Miller’s Tower…..

193

Nana checking it out…..194

The whole clan!  I LOVE this picture!!!!  You can see the tower in the backgroundSmile…..

198

It is a BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL place!  Somewhere peaceful that we can go and feel close to Miller.  I might just decide I want to start huntingWinking smile!

3 comments:

Amber said...

okay! for some reason this post completely got me!!! i don't know if it was the cross or seeing all of your smiling faces or the music in the background but it turned me into a sobbing baby! ya'll continue to amaze me!! love each of you dearly!

wendy said...

i've never commented before, but have been reading for months.

if you look at the cross picture, you can see the /\/\/\ with the two pieces of wood and the tractor :).

Mary and William McMillan said...

Ditto, Amber, it got me, too! Such a sweet post, Meredith. I swear you are more beautiful every time I see pictures of you....inside and out. Big hugs to all of you!

 

design + development by kelly christine studio