We attempted swim lessons last week, only to FAIL them miserably:(! It was so bad! The instructor was fantastic, but her student was less than enthusiastic about being taught! Cole wanted NOTHING to do with it! We stuck it out all 3 days, but on the last day decided that we should probably wait a while before scheduling another series of lessons. We decided that our goal this week would be to get Cole in the water EVERY.SINGLE.DAY and just casually practice without him really feeling the pressure. Well, Monday night we went over to our friends house to swim and all of a sudden it was like a switch flipped and Cole was swimming!!! It started with they guys throwing their wedding bands in the pool for the kids to dive down and get (I know, an expensive game of ring toss, huh?). The other kids were all participating and I guess the COMPETITIVE side of Cole’s brain took over the FEARFUL side and he took off! Not only swimming, but diving to the bottom (in the shallow end, 3 ft deep) to get Patrick’s wedding band. It was the craziest think I have ever seen! Now, don’t get me wrong, he’s still no Michael Phelps, but we are definitely moving in the right direction. We need to master some skills and get comfortable in the deep end, but we are SO happy with the progress he has made! Thanks to all of you who commented on my Facebook post from Sunday night! I was so frustrated at that point and it felt good to know that Cole is not the only kid in the world who hates swim lessons;)!
Here are a couple of videos I took of him swimming tonight:











1 comment:
WAY TO GO COLE!!!!!!
Post a Comment